We provide the following guidelines in order to help define roles and responsibilities related to a successful Ubersmith implementation. As always, please contact us if you have any questions.
- Backups: Customers are responsible for backing up data in Ubersmith, including the instance database, any appliance databases, and any appliance RRD files. We also highly recommend that you back up any custom development work done with Ubersmith, including custom code, modules, or plug-ins.
- System Administration – Customers are responsible for standard system administration tasks, such as:
- OS Install – While we handle the majority of an installation or migration, we ask that you provide a base OS install with SSH connectivity. Please refer to our System Requirements for a list of supported OSes.
- DNS Routing – After installation or migration of Ubersmith, your System Administrator will need to handle pointing your server to the correct address.
- PCI/Other Compliance – While we take security seriously, there are many issues that can fail in a compliance scan that are not Ubersmith-specific. We can provide proof of our compliance certifications and provide suggestions, but your System Administrator is ultimately responsible for your overall PCI compliance.
- Standard Support – If you have any technical or other support issues specific to the Ubersmith software, our Support team is available Monday-Friday 9:00am ET – 5:00pm ET and we aim to reply to any ticket within two business days. Limited 24 hours support is available in case of emergency only.
- Work on local installations – Ubersmith support can install, upgrade, and migrate your Ubersmith instance. Ubersmith support does this work Monday – Thursday starting at 10:00am ET and ending at 2:00pm ET.