The year started out with a plan that our team was really excited about. Our budget was set. New product initiatives, new sales and marketing projects, a new hiring plan and so much else were being tackled.
And then COVID-19 happened.
Like for many (or all) of you, it was unlike any year any of us had experienced before in our careers or otherwise. We quickly adapted and went remote in early March. New flexibility was given to employees regarding working hours. New tools were used. Additional trust was built.
Most importantly, we genuinely cared about the health and well-being of our team members, customers, partners and everyone else we work with (and everyone they care about outside of work).
During the year, the team did a great job making progress despite all of the challenges that COVID-19 brought. Key accomplishments included:
- Gaining additional independence from our parent company
- Building Ubersmith version 4.6 and planning version 4.7
- Launching a nice, new ubersmith.com
- Attracting strong new talent in engineering, UX, business development, devops and support
- Bringing on many new customers around the world
- Speaking at NamesCon, the Subscription Show and other physical or virtual events
- Visiting many customers on our appreciation tours, before COVID-19 unfortunately forced us to put this on hold
- Getting the word out more via search, social media (follow us on Twitter at @ubersmith), industry analysts, media and blogs
- Implementing new tools (Pipedrive, HubSpot, etc) to better serve our customers and measure our business
- Speaking up about key issues internally and/or externally (COVID-19, BLM, diversity, etc)
- Having customers speak at our all-company event for the first time (thanks again, Martha and James)
- Moving into a new office in Manhattan
We also celebrated our 18th birthday regarding our incorporation in 2002.
Thanks from all of us for another year of progress together, and stay safe as we all look forward to 2021. We would love to hear more about how this past year went for you, and we wish you the best for next year and beyond.