Announcing the release of Ubersmith 4.1. In this new version, there are many updates that allow for greater flexibility and an enhanced user experience.
The new release features more advanced billing options that allow users to set pricing tiers for their clients. The self-service installer introduced in this version enables new users and expert system administrators to install and upgrade their Ubersmith environments on any of our supported platforms. In addition, this version includes a new API rack management capacity call ability that allows data center providers to better manage their infrastructure and gain more visibility into their data centers.
Highlights of enhancements include:
- Advanced tiered-pricing capability: The ability to create more complex tiered pricing options.
- Enhanced SureTax options: Tighter integration with SureTax makes handling refunds and credits much easier, plus support has been added for tax rates based on country codes and +4 zip codes. Companies can now add their own tax numbers, as well, to maintain accurate records.
- Support for use with mobile devices: Enhancements to the admin and client portal add increased accessibility to the user interface.
- Easy to use self-installer: New self-service tool makes it easier to install with an automated procedure to configure the software. Ubersmith’s components now run within Docker containers providing isolation from the underlying operating system, which can improve security.
- Enhanced rack management capability: Now, there is the ability to track data center equipment with greater detail to exact locations, which makes it easier for IT staff to deal with issues related to specific pieces of equipment.
You can find the complete changelog for version 4.1 here.
As always, the Ubersmith team is dedicated to helping you better run your business. Please let us know if you have any feedback or feature requests.
How do I upgrade?
If you are on a version 3.x license and would like to upgrade, please contact support. Our Support Team schedules upgrades Monday through Thursday between 10am and 2pm Eastern.
If you have not yet upgraded to a 3.x license or would like to get started with Ubersmith, please contact our sales team.