The Director of Sales will be responsible for overall sales for Ubersmith. The successful candidate is expected to be able to hire a renewals manager within the next year. In the meantime, the Director will do all sales end-to-end in a hands-on way with support from the CEO and others.
We are making this hire to drive increased growth in direct sales of new business to current and future customers and bring other areas including pipeline management and reporting, revenue forecasting, account management, sales development and sales operations to the next level and beyond.
The Director of Sales will be based in Greater New York City or another US location remotely and will report to the CEO of Ubersmith.
- Own sales, sales development and sales operations for Ubersmith
- Ensure we meet or beat sales quota attainment and revenue growth targets
- Drive lead management, opportunity development, closing and pipeline management
- Adopt, develop and enhance sales best practices, leveraging playbooks from our parent company
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts, updated on a weekly basis
- Partner well with customers, partners and internally with engineering, marketing, business development, finance, legal and support
- Build, manage and lead a team over time
- Travel occasionally, as necessary, to customers, prospects, events and/or otherwise
Qualifications and work experience
- Ten or more years of successful direct B2B software and/or SaaS sales experience or equivalent experience, including a strong track record of quota achievement
- Five or more years of successful sales management experience or equivalent experience
- Strong problem solving, project management and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Commitment to overall customer success
- A desire to learn and be challenged
- Excellent self-motivation and work ethic
- Experience with Pipedrive or an equivalent CRM application